Thursday, September 23, 2010

Ideas Ideas Ideas

Missed 250 words yesterday, figure I’ll give it another go today. Reading a few author Tweets this morning and it- reset for full align, wish it would do that as default. What I need to do is get out my idea book and start keeping it with me. I used to.

Ideas ideas ideas. What I want to do is enter some old writings into contests or at least see if I can get that one thing whatever it was called sold to a horror anthology or at least to some magazine. This time of year is a good time to try I’d think. Re-read it yesterday and it doesn’t seem as awesome as I thought it was when I wrote it, but that was years ago and things change and so have I.

I wrote another short, “gothic” poem a few months ago. Woke up and it was pretty well full in my mind, grabbed the slab and jotted it down quick. Notation at the end says “needs structure” and hooboy does it ever. Probably needs structured right into the Recycle Bin but I keep poking at it, hoping it’ll come together.

Was thinking this morning. Scary, huh? But no, really! “Write what you know.” What I know is NCPA is pretty fucking horrible and scary, and thought xeno:ncpa::king:maine. So there’s that for a setting. Like The Woods, with the Scary Sound. Which upon reflection was likely just the noise from Rte. 15 miles away filtering through it, but still, it was this constant, malevolent Hum. Most of the time we didn’t really notice it, kind of just prelingered there in our subconscious, but, occasionally, we Noticed, and it sucked.

No comments: